Friday, August 15, 2014

2014-15 Getting Started

Welcome to the start of another year!  Over the summer, I had a great deal of time to think about the upcoming school year.  Although I felt that my first two years went pretty smooth, I knew there was plenty of room for improvement.  One of the biggest things that kept coming back to me was parent involvement and communication.  I felt that there needed to be a more constant stream of information going to parents about what we are doing with their children for eight hours a day.  I decided that this would be my focus for the year, to improve communication between the school and the home.

This is my plan. Over the course of the year, there are many times that I see projects that our students are doing and I leave the classroom amazed at what a great group of teachers and students we have.  I would like for all of my staff, students, and parents to be able to experience that same feeling.  So...I decided to start a weekly blog that will focus on our staff, students, and parents.  I will be discussing projects that I think are cool that our students are doing and include pictures or video.  I will include websites I find that I think would be helpful to parents.  As many of you know, I am now the father of seven, yes seven, wonderful children.  For this reason, I often come across helpful tips that some of you might also benefit from.  Hopefully, doing this will help you get to know me an little bit better, and also get a glimpse into the daily life of our school.

Finally, I hope that this conversation will open the door and make more of you have a desire to get involved.  Maybe that means volunteering to read with a student once a week, or maybe it means serving on the Parent Teacher Organization or the Parent Advisory Committee.  For some, it may mean coming to parent/teacher conferences with a better understanding of what your child does each day.  Whatever the case, I know that I will benefit from it, and I hope that you will as well!

I am looking forward to a great year!  Thanks for all you do!


No comments:

Post a Comment